Assisted voluntary return and reintegration (AVRR) / Outreach Counsellor (6 positions)
Nature of the consultancy: Assisted voluntary return and reintegration (AVRR) / Outreach Counsellor.
Objective: To provide information on AVRR for migrants in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH).
Target: Provide information on AVRR for at least 300 migrants in BiH in the period of 3 months.
LOCATIONS: Sarajevo – 2 counsellors, Tuzla – 1 counsellor, Bihać – 2 counsellors, Velika Kladuša – 1 counsellor.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 29 September 2019
IOM project to which the consultancy is contributing: “Strengthening the delivery of information provision and counselling within the scope of AVRR in the Western Balkans”.
Tasks to be performed under this contract: Under the direct supervision of AVRR Team Leader and Project Coordinator and under overall supervision of IOM CoM, the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Provide information on available protection services and risks in the context of irregular migration;
- Provide up-to-date information on AVRR to migrants, through individual or groups counselling sessions in locations where migrants gather, including reception and asylum centres;
- Carry out regular info and counselling sessions in line with the AVRR outreach plan updated on regular basis;
- Maintain an updated record of delivered info and counselling sessions, ensuring the confidentiality of the data;
- Refer to other IOM or external services according to identified needs and priorities, state-run and private contact points and local relief organizations, and if requested to arrange contacts with these institutions for the beneficiaries;
- Prepare regular weekly reports for the AVRR Team Leader at the designated location;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by HoO.
Tangible and measurable output of the work assignment: Weekly reports on information sessions conducted with specific overview of migratns informed, according to the template provided by the Project Coordinator.
Realistic delivery dates and details as to how the work must be delivered: The assignment will take place in the period from 01 October 2019 to 15 June 2020.
Performance indicators for evaluation of results (value of services rendered in relation to their cost):
- Quality of counselling provided,
- Knowledge of technical terminology,
Desirable qualifications (educational experience and competencies):
- Completed high school degree from an accredited educational institution, with 1 (one) year of relevant professional experience,
- Working knowledge of English,
- Knowledge of key migration concepts and standards in the area of migration,
- Knowledge of any other language is an asset (e.g. Arabic, Farsi, Urdu, Pashto etc.).
How to apply
Internal candidates are to apply by using Internal Application Form.
Subject: Assisted voluntary return and reintegration (AVRR) / Outreach Counsellor
Please note that for external candidates only IOM PHF will be considered.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Additional documents, in line with the local laws, will be requested by the successful candidate upon finalization of the selection process.
Applications must be received by 29 September 2019.
Posting period: 19 September – 29 September 2019
Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates, as well as external female candidates, will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Duty Station: Sarajevo, Tuzla, Bihac, Velika Kladusa
Closing Date: Friday, September 27, 2019